-
how to move current install to a new hard drive
all,
I've installed knoppix 2.6 to an old (small) hard drive I had. It took me a while to get the sound, printing and video modes to what I want but now I need to move it to a larger hard drive. What's the best way to do this? Install a new bigger harddrive on the PC then move the boot record and related info?
what steps and what reseach should I do?
TIA
Similar Threads
-
By jwg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 03:25 PM
-
By wolfkin in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
-
By cannedmushrooms in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:22 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
-
By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56