Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sound Problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3

    Sound Problem

    Before I used Knoppix 3.2
    I had a 4 speaker system and all 4 speakers have same volume level.
    Now the front speakers are not as loud as before,
    all the sound I hear are pretty much from the rear speakers.
    Even after I reinstalled Windows, I still have the same problem.
    I've checked all the settings related to soundcard, yet can't fix it.
    I don't think it's speakers problem.
    Anyone knows why ?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Linux-

    Check out /etc/aumixrc

    Raise the appropriate levels- do it in incriments of 5-10.

    Windows-

    Are you sure you're using the best driver available?

    I'm not trying to ba a smarta** but are you certain that they are in the correct jacks? Checked your balance (and fade if you have it)? You don't have some getto-tech wiring scheme do you? (just kidding).

Similar Threads

  1. Problem: Sound and /dev/dsp on 3.2
    By gfrick in forum General Support
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
  2. SDL sound problem
    By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Sound problem
    By RoZ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 11:19 AM
  4. Problem with sound
    By duncan069 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:11 PM
  5. Another sound problem
    By meranto in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 05:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21 picture

Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21

$300.00



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P picture

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P

$319.99



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95