-
Junior Member
registered user
[b]Kmix in Knoppix 3.9 not retaining volume.[/b]
I installed Knoppix 3.9 to HD on the weekend but I'm having problems with ALSA and Kmix. When I boot up, I get the following line:
`Setting up ALSA.../etc/init.d/alsa warning, alsactl restore failed with error messages: alsactl load_state:1267. No sound cards found...done.’
I did run alsaconf and alsamixer, and alsactl store. But it appears that the settings are not being restored at boot-up. Nonetheless, I’m still able to listen to my music CD’s, so this doesn’t appear to be a fatal error. But it still bugs me...
Also, I increased both Master and PCM volume to 100% in Kmix, but when I reboot it’s back to the original low volume. Interestingly, I note that this problem also exists in Knoppix 3.8.1. Actually, the last Knoppix release that didn’t give me this kind of problem was Knoppix 3.6. Am I the only one encountering this problem (as I can’t seem to find a solution in the Forum), and if not, what’s the solution?
By the way, OOo 2.0 seems unable to run a spellcheck on fonts other than Bitstream Vera Sans (and one or two other fonts). For instance, I prefer the Times font, but I cannot use it because OOo 2.0 is unable to run spellcheck.
Other than that, OOo 2.0 shows a lot of promise and I have a feeling that it’s going to help push Linux adoption. KDE 3.4 is also a fantastic environment. All in all, Knoppix still manages to be an impressive distro though one still has to tinker about!
All the best!
Similar Threads
-
By tymlls05 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-18-2006, 03:26 PM
-
By nmincone in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By entryname in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
-
By poweribo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$610.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1111.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00