Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kanotix 2005-03 32-bit and 64-bit out now

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568

    Kanotix 2005-03 32-bit and 64-bit out now

    Kanotix 2005-03 was recently released. Download links for 32-bit edition; download links for the 64-bit edition.

    For more information: Kanotix Wiki; Kanotix forum.

    And all the people said, "Amen."

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I've downloaded the 32 bit torrent (not the best organized page I've seen, had to scroll past discussion of the 64 bit version before I found the link, thought at first I was on the wrong page). But I got the torrent and opened Bittorrent and it took forever to even start downloading. It's now telling me that it expectes to take 14 days to finish the download. That's just not going to happen. Given that it took less than 2 hours for Bittorrent to download the latest Knoppix release, I have to wonder what is happening here.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    It took approximately 50 minutes via bittorrent for me. Getting it via ftp was faster.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Wow, I don't know how you managed 50 minutes, I'm no where near my bandwidth capacity and I'm not leeching.. It's speeding up for me, but will still take a day or so. I had to stop it for now, will resume later.

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Well, I restarted the download before I went to bed. Things went much better. It quickly estimated a 4 hour download, but from the timestamp on the file it seem to have taken about 2. I'm currently seeding, but unlike when I seed Knoppix, only a small portion of my available upload bandwidth is being used. So I guess there are plenty of seeders at the moment.

Similar Threads

  1. Kanotix 2005-02 and Lsongs
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
  2. Cinerella on Kanotix 2005-1
    By bigkahuna in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
  3. unionFS on Kanotix 2005-02
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
  4. Kanotix 2005-01
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
  5. Dvdshrink and Kanotix 2005-01
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99