Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: importing Outlook Express mail into Kmail

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8

    importing Outlook Express mail into Kmail

    Recovering from yet another Windows crash I'm trying to read some old mail that is in the Outlook Express file into KMAIL. Is this the best mail package to use? And when I try to point to the OE file where the messages are I cant get beyond selecting the drive-hda1 The system give me siggnal 11(SIGSEGV) error message. The proceedure I use is to select the hda1 drive from the "Devices" label on the left side of the "select foldder" screen. When I point to hda1 I get the error msg. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    John

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfila View Post
    Recovering from yet another Windows crash I'm trying to read some old mail that is in the Outlook Express file into KMAIL. Is this the best mail package to use? And when I try to point to the OE file where the messages are I cant get beyond selecting the drive-hda1 The system give me siggnal 11(SIGSEGV) error message. The proceedure I use is to select the hda1 drive from the "Devices" label on the left side of the "select foldder" screen. When I point to hda1 I get the error msg. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    John
    For me OE is a very meaningful tool. And I opened it some days ago and was unpleasantly surprised reason of all my emails had been lost. I didn't know what to do next. Luckily for me I got an curious application - recover mail outlook express on the Internet. It determined my issue within a minute. Besides I learnt how the utility worked with very large files of dbx format and processed them in a batch mode.

Similar Threads

  1. How to backup Outlook Express email folders and settings ?
    By veida in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 06:55 AM
  2. Where can i get all my old outlook emails?
    By ipam45 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
  3. Import emails and Address Book from Outlook Express
    By guicaste in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 01:02 AM
  4. Convert Outlook .pst mail files for use with Linux
    By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 09:21 PM
  5. Outlook Express 6 to Kmail utility by Ulrich Krebs - plus!
    By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00