-
Junior Member
registered user
Harry,
the OSes running here on this machine are: Windows XP, Linux (SuSE 9.0) and (maybe) Debian via Knoppix 3.8.1.
I have 2 network cards on this machine: one connects to the hub and then to the other 2 machines. The other connects to the DSL-modem. This is working for XP and SuSE and I try to make it work for Debian/Knoppix.
The advantage of this approach is that I can simply change the harddisk and nothing else.
In the near future I want to add a WLAN-card which I already own. I also have a router to connect via WLAN to this router and then to the internet. The reason I'm looking for Debian is that there is no driver for my WLAN-card for Linux so I have to use the ndis-wraper delivered with Knoppix.
And not to forget: even if I use a router as you suggested I still have the problem that I do not have a network after booting my machine. I have to configure it manually after every boot (not needed with the SuSE-version).
So my question still is: where do I have to look at? At SuSE these things look diferrent, at least I didn't find the file /etc/network/interfaces .
AugustQ
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By Nextus in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$219.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99