-
Junior Member
registered user
Saving Configuration Settings to a CD
Now that I've learned how to save my configurations to a floppy disc (see previous postings), I have another problem. I have another, newer computer that doesn't have a floppy drive. I'll have to burn the configuration files to a CD or DVD and then be able to read them back. How can I do this?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Saving Configuration Settings to a CD

Originally Posted by
tstrickland
....newer computer that doesn't have a floppy drive. I'll have to burn the configuration files to a CD or DVD....
You likely don't. At a minimum it would require 2 CD/DVD drives, since one will be containing the Knoppix CD at the point the configuration files are needed. And you would have to reburn a disc whenever you changed the configuration (hope you use CR/RW). Far better would be to use a small inexpensive USB flash drive. Or, if you have an old IDE drive lying around (or want to buy a small cheap drive), add it to the computer as a second drive and put a FAT partition on it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
CD Drives
Harry,
Thanks for your comments. In fact, I do have two drives. One is a CD/DVD-RW and the other is a CD-ROM drive (I hope I've used the correct terminology here.) Anyway, I can read a CD from both drives and burn to one.
Nevertheless, I'll look into the USB flash drive.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I save my configuration settings to my hard driver, hda2. It only involves a couple of files and it's very convenient. When I reboot I type:
knoppix myconfig=scan
When I want to preserve those settings to a cdrom I use k3b to do the job .
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By RG58 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2008, 03:55 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By punkpaddy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
-
By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
-
By true1ever in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Lot Vintage SCSI Controller Cards Adaptec BusLogic BusTek AHA-1542 1520 ISA EISA
$179.95

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00