I got the same problem with a DELL Dimension 3000 PC. I managed to start it it but could not increase the resolution which is set at 640X480. I tried SuSE 9.2 liveCD and got it changed but not Knoppix or Kanotix. Can some one help?
hello all
i have just got a shiney new dell with a lovely 17'' LCD screen
running windows it will do 1280x1024
knoppix running from the live cd (and for that matter any other live cd i have) 640x480 and i can not change it
i have tried xrandr, kxconfig
i even tried a crt monitor to see if it was the lcd itself
i do get an error on knoppix start up saying 'you have an unidentified mode passed' choose from the list below..... tried them all non work
the graphics adapter on the tower is an intel 82865g graphics controller
help please
m
I got the same problem with a DELL Dimension 3000 PC. I managed to start it it but could not increase the resolution which is set at 640X480. I tried SuSE 9.2 liveCD and got it changed but not Knoppix or Kanotix. Can some one help?

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99