-
Junior Member
registered user
newbi with simple wireless question
I just started using knoppix (3.7) and love it. I installed it in the HD of an old 500 Mhz P3. I'd like to connect it to my home network via wireless. Since I'm new to Linux I'm not ready to configre/compile drivers or install kernals. Maybe when I'm learned more about the system but for now I'd just like to get it on the Internet. I'm willing to spend $80 - $120 for a access point - preferable one that will connect to the computer's USP port. I also have an ethernet adapter I put on the machine if I find a wireless access point that uses an ethernet port. Can someone recommend a USB or ethernet access point that comes with drivers that will work on a knoppix 3.7 machine?
For example, would the D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL G810 be a good idea?
http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...29353/froogle/
Or the EDIMAX EW-7126 Wireless LAN PCI adaptor?
http://edimax.com/
Any help and advice is appreciated!!!
Similar Threads
-
By nicdev05 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
-
By dr_s99 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:54 AM
-
By RandomGoon in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By SnipingWolF in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00