Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Installing KNOPPIX To HDD

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by black_out
    http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/knoppix1

    I am going to keep posting this link forever since he does the only video tutorial that I can find. Perhaps this is a good one to bookmark.
    I registered just to thank you for that link. It was the quickest, easiest install I have EVER done with Linux, AND the video was AWESOME. You rule. Thank you soooo much!!!!

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10
    So i guess theres no way of installing FlashPlayer on KNOPPIX?

    if there is, can someone at least so me some tips?

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10
    hey THX! Guys this is what i have gotten done:

    1. installed KNOPPIX to Hard Drive
    2. Got Flash Player To Work

    Thx For All The Help!

    [/b]

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    good lord, he says kunoppix. I say Noppix i guess its the whole line-x lynooks thing again

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1

    I am new and I have questions :-/

    I read all written upto here and didn't find answer. I have 250gb SATA disk. At the begin of the disk I have 125gb NTFS partition with XP. I want to make the rest 125gb on one ext3 partition. I have Konppix 3.9 on a cd. After it's load I pressed Ctrl - Alt - F2 and stated cfdisk. On the free space I created a new primary partition (I try with type 83 and with type 85). When I type "write", I receive error message "Illegal command" and "Toggle bootable flag of the current partition"! How can I solve this problem?

    My next question is: If I desire to install knoppix on it (befor that i'll make swap partition) can I use both knoppix and windows? And is it a problem that the linux partition will not be first? (linux partitions will not be in first 8gb)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. installing kde 4.2 on knoppix 6.0.1
    By teknowil in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM
  2. Installing Knoppix on USB HDD
    By darkkterror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
  3. installing knoppix
    By knopnoob2005 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 06:02 PM
  4. installing Knoppix - what's next ?
    By amit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:03 PM
  5. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors picture

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors

$290.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99