-
Locking up not playing nice Box :(
Well I just built a new Knoppix box and I have been trying to load stuff and it behaves sometimes. Right now I am in the bios checking the tempatures for the CPU and the system. It isnt overheating but its not staying very cool either. It is possible my Hard-drive is overheating but it doesnt feel abnormally hot to me. Steady tempature for the CPU is 93f and 100f for the box.
Basically the thing locks up on me randomly when I am apt-get installing and when I click on the little K icon just randomly sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps I am getting some sort of error but I wouldnt know because I havent been able to get into the system.log files yet.
Any suggestions to what may be the cause would be very helpful.
Similar Threads
-
By jbeck in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
-
By Wh0M3 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99