-
Can't boot from HDD installation
I used the "knoppix-installer" script to install knoppix 3.9 on a HDD partition, but it's not possible to boot it from the partition.
I'm using the XOSL Bootmanager to switch between different OS and therefore I did NOT the mbr installation but the root partition installation of the boot-loader (lilo?).
What's wrong with my installation? Thanks in advance!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Any error messages? What is the contents of the lilo.conf?
-
Re: Can't boot from HDD installation

Originally Posted by
Fred_Astaire
I used the "knoppix-installer" script to install knoppix 3.9 on a HDD partition, but it's not possible to boot it from the partition.
I'm using the XOSL Bootmanager to switch between different OS and therefore I did NOT the mbr installation but the root partition installation of the boot-loader (lilo?).
What's wrong with my installation? Thanks in advance!!
Due to the boot-problem I switched to kanotix...
Similar Threads
-
By goldenfishgt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
-
By nitric in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM
-
By marcelbraz30 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 10:31 PM
-
By LoRdxxx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By LoRdxxx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming
$125.00

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45