-
Locking up not playing nice Box :(
Well I just built a new Knoppix box and I have been trying to load stuff and it behaves sometimes. Right now I am in the bios checking the tempatures for the CPU and the system. It isnt overheating but its not staying very cool either. It is possible my Hard-drive is overheating but it doesnt feel abnormally hot to me. Steady tempature for the CPU is 93f and 100f for the box.
Basically the thing locks up on me randomly when I am apt-get installing and when I click on the little K icon just randomly sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps I am getting some sort of error but I wouldnt know because I havent been able to get into the system.log files yet.
Any suggestions to what may be the cause would be very helpful.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is this a HD installed system or a running from CD system. Knoppix 3.9 from CD is buggy and installing programs in a running system may crash that system. If this is a HD installed system, have you look into using something like xsensors http://freshmeat.net/projects/xsensors/ to check the temps on a running system? Definitly get a chance to check the logs.
I look forward to you running a stable system 
James
-
Well I am backup and running and btw it is a hard-drive install of 3.8 I started playing with hardware. I figured it to be some bad RAM. so I am running on half RAM now 256 but its still working well. Also thanks I got Xsensors and its pretty nifty.
Similar Threads
-
By jbeck in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
-
By Wh0M3 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00