-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem Restoring Settings
I'm attempting to store and later recover my printer settings. I've used KNOPPIX->Configure->Save KNOPPIX configuration and saved the information on a floppy disk. This puts configs.tbz and knoppix.sh on the disk. Upon completion of this write, there is a message saying that I can reinstall these files by using the cheat codes: "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "knoppix myconfig=scan". However, when I reboot, the first cheat code causes the system to hang up. There is an error message to the effect that "mnt" or whatever, isn't open. With the second code, the load continues, but the previous configuration of the printer isn't loaded. When I use either of these cheat codes, the light on the floppy drive comes on indicating that it's trying to read the floppy.
As a newbie, I haven't a clue as to what to do now. Please help!
Similar Threads
-
By RobertCo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
-
By deadparrot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By knophead in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 12:26 PM
-
By Calvi Risorta in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 04:34 AM
-
By thesystem in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99

Vintage Apple Newton Connection Kit for Macintosh, Other Type
$125.00

Vintage Working Apple IIc and Monitor. With Packaging. A collector's dream
$659.99

Vintage Paradise VGA Plus 16 ISA Video Card 1988 Western Digital PVGA1A TESTED
$89.99

Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing
$96.00

Toshiba T1000 Vintage Laptop PC, 1 power supplies, manuals, and original bag
$119.99

Vintage 1975 Walt Disney Greatest Hits Vinyl LP Ronco R-2100 Play Tested
$25.00