Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Just wonderin if you folks have plans to add Xandros?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    120

    Just wonderin if you folks have plans to add Xandros?

    Anyway . . . GREAT JOB . . . and nice site . . . this is the future of sofware distro :D :D :D

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Xandros should be possible, since it is also debian based.

    Please send a mail to probono at myrealbox dot com. In your mail, please include the output of the following commands:
    uname -a
    cat /etc/*ix-version
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    cat /var/lib/dpkg/status | grep "Package:\|Status:\|Version:\|Provides:\|^$"

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    23

    KLIK for Xandros

    Has there been any progress on a KLIK for Xandros? I just now sent you the info asked for above.

    In faith, Dave
    [email protected]
    Viva Texas

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    http://xnv3.xandros.com/3.0/pkg/ gives me

    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /3.0/pkg/ on this server.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    23
    Apologies, but I'm too much newbie to know the significance of what you said in that last post.

    In faith, Dave
    [email protected]
    Viva Texas

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    It works now, Xandros is added to the list

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    23
    Thank you. I'm assuming that means there's a package somewhere on the KLIK website which I can download to my xandros system. However, I'm having trouble right now accessing the KLIK site. Whenever I can download it, I will check it out and post how it's working on xandros.

    My compliments to a developer who will respond to his "customers" like that!! It isn't the usual thing and I do appreciate it.

    In faith, Dave
    [email protected]
    Viva Texas

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dpeirce
    Thank you. I'm assuming that means there's a package somewhere on the KLIK website which I can download to my xandros system. However, I'm having trouble right now accessing the KLIK site. Whenever I can download it, I will check it out and post how it's working on xandros.

    My compliments to a developer who will respond to his "customers" like that!! It isn't the usual thing and I do appreciate it.

    In faith, Dave
    [email protected]
    Viva Texas
    Hi Dave, can you give me a little more information on how you got "klik" to work on your Xandros. I am using Xandros 3.0 Business edition? Any help would be appreciated.

    paul

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading Knoppix 5.1 - Dual Boot plans as usual-new here.
    By AmpLiF1eR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:33 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 11:21 PM
  3. Xandros Open Circulation Edition 2.01 now available
    By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 01:02 AM
  4. Trying to rescue my evolution folder from Xandros
    By kojak666 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8 picture

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8

$170.99



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM picture

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM

$129.00



Vintage Apple II Software Nibbles Away Disk Optimized Language 1985 picture

Vintage Apple II Software Nibbles Away Disk Optimized Language 1985

$45.00



Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap picture

Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap

$35.00



Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh picture

Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh

$239.99



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$11.75



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00