OK, I used to use and teach g++ a lot. In the last 2 years or so, I've switched to java. So, I guess I'm out of the loop when is comes to any g++ standards changes now a days. KNOPPIX has GNU GCC which includes g++ and using this I can write/compile/execute a standard helloworld.cc like:
However, on some distros lately I find that neither this program, nor anything else based on iostream, will compile correctly! Case in point, BCCD. Now, the author of that distro says that iostream and a number of other classes are depreicated but he still included all the *.h files in /include/c++/backward. So, I tried g++ -o helloworld helloword.cc -I/include/c++/backward to no avail. I also tried #include "/include/c++/backward/iostream.h" wothout any joy.Code://helloworld.cc MrG 2005.0609 //compile: g++ -o helloworld helloworld.cc #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { string n; cout << "What's your name? "; cin >> n; cout << "Hi, " << n << ", how about a nice game of chess?" << endl; return 0; }
Anyone out there familiar with this problem know how to get around it?
TIA,
AJG

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
32GB DDR5 PC5-38400R RDIMM Micron MTC18F1045S1PC48BA2 Memory RAM
$1099.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50
Lot of 2 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 32GB
$138.99