-
Re: Problem in booting from CD
I think you're understanding of the problem is flawed, that what you think is the problem is not the problem at all. Booting a bootable CD will not be dependemt on what is on your hard disk at all, or even if you have a hard disk. I think it is likely that there is some reason that the CD you are failing to boot will not boot on that system, and that you are jumping to conclusions that it is because of something on the hard disk.
What do you see when you try to boot the CD that you want to boot but can't? Does it get to the first boot prompt? If it gets further than that we need to know what error you get and at what point it gives up the CD boot and jumps to the hard disk.
My best guess, and it's only a guess at this time, is that there is something wrong about the way that you burnt that CD, and I rather suspect that it was burnt at too high of a speed. But give us more details of what you see when you try to boot it (or if I'm right go back and make one at a slow burn speed) and we'll work you through it.
Reply :
1. Since the same CD is able to boot from other PCs, there is no problem about the CD. Further, I have been using the same speed (4x) to burn ISOs. I never had any problem.
2. As I mentioned, I am able to boot other Live CDs - including Knoppix 3.6 in this PC having Knoppix 3.7 in Hard Disk.
3. However, wihtout giving any warning, it simply ignores the CD when I boot "vigyaancd", a distribution based on Knoppix 3.7.
4. Since I don't get any error, I can only say that it accepts the CD for booting - but simply ignores and goes to HDD for booting.
Similar Threads
-
By noScape in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2007, 01:38 PM
-
By Ifrit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
-
By coonah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
-
By JUSTiNB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2005, 05:52 AM
-
By REMslug in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(32GB x8) 256GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99