Try kanotix,touchpad of my tecra A3 worked.
i just downloaded v 3.9 of knoppix looks awesome! im a total linux noob and my touchpad was not functioning so i couldnt explore everything as much as i would like. when i have access to a usb mouse tommorow ill try that. but i much prefer using the touchpad. any ideas ? the exact model of my laptop is:
toshiba satellite a-75 s-2112
everything else seemed to work fine except my wireless card or internet needed configured...ill tackle that next any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!
Try kanotix,touchpad of my tecra A3 worked.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 laptop with a touchpad. I am running Knoppix 6.2.
The touchpad will not scroll nor will it tap to select. With other OSs, (such as PCLinux) it will tap, two finger tap and scroll horizontally and vertically. The functionality is available in the hardware, but Knoppix doesn't seem to support them. Or does it, and I'm too ignorant (and I am) to make it happen?
Can someone help me make this work?
(NB: I'm having an issue with root priveledges - Knoppix somehow thinks I ain't the root user, and won't accept the password I put in at installation - I'm trying to get help with this one too)
SteveB

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99