-
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
Hello,
I have been trying to remaster KNOPPIX V3.3, so I created a dir named ISOLINUX and put all relevant files:
Code:
/ (root)
|
+ ISOLINUX
| |
| - isolinux.bin
| |
| - isolinux.cfg
| |
| - boot.msg
| |
| - F2
| |
| - german.kdb
| |
| - miniroot.gz
| |
| - vmlinuz
+
Then I made the filesystem with mkisofs -o knoppix.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .
After probing all devices it says cannot find KNOPPIX filesystem and drop me to a very limiter shell.
This is the screen, if anyone know the problem please help me
Code:
Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Found scsi device(s) handled by BusLogic.o
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
knoppix#
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know how to help you with that error, but I can give you some advice. Knoppix 3.3 is old http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=knoppix and may not be your best choice to remaster. Many programs were upgraded & many security holes were plugged from 3.3 2004/02/16 to Knoppix 3.8.2 2005/05/12. I would recommend that you remaster Knoppix 3.8.2 and not Knoppix 3.9 since it has a filesystem bug.
It sounds like you are following the wiki document http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto. I wrote a HOWTO document about remastering called HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts. There is also an alternative method here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18222.
I hope this helps.
James
-
Thanks for the help, I didn't use the correct parameters in mkisofs, now it works fine
Similar Threads
-
By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
-
By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By befuddled in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99