-
doesnt' always boot, locks up randomly
I have installed Knoppix to the hard-drive... I thought my problems were hardware related. Unfortunately I found that not having the memory in there didn't do me any good. Its still booting and freezing. It randomly freezes on any different task. So sometimes it freezes during boot sometimes it freezes when I am moving the mouse around after its been up and running for 15 minutes.
So I have tried everything including booting up from the cd which gives me just about the same problem. So I was trying to run it off of a 1.60 cel processor with 512 RAM and a 20 gig hard-drive and its not going well. Perhaps someone knows something I do not? Its recognizing my motherboard its showing all the ram is there and its even showing that it can see my hard-drive and cdrom.
It all should be working but for some strange reason it is not working properly.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
-
have you tried the different boot cheats?
nodma noscsi mite be a good start
Similar Threads
-
By rocksonrocks in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 01:50 AM
-
By y2khardtop in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-29-2005, 10:58 PM
-
By raydance in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99