-
Newbie here
Well, I didn't see another section that this kind of thread could apply to, but...
This is my fisrt post in a BBS under Knoppix (if I was gonna post anywhere, it should be here right?)
So, I just wanted to say hi: "Hi!"
Comments: I've tried a few other distro's, and this is one of the easiest to get running (ties with QNX). Liking it so far.
Quick question, whilst I'm here, and to keep under the theology that posts here should be Knoppix related: how does one go about changing the screen res? I'm sitting about 4' away from my 19" monitor, and the res seems WAY too high. I'll probably find this setting in my travels but...
Thanks for listening!
-
Junior Member
registered user
About changing the resolution:
You can either enter a cheatcode when knoppix is booting (press F2 for details)
or you can press Ctrl-Alt-plus or ctrl-alt-minus right now (that's ctrl-alt-- and ctrl-alt-+
)
try both options, because they behave a bit different
edit: I found a new way here
"If you are using KDE the K menu -> Settings -> Control Panel -> XDisplay."
Don't know if it works, but sounds nice
-
Test post
'scuse me tagging your thread. Testing reg. Now I sit n read, just got Knoppix, don't dare touch it till I know what it does and how.
Similar Threads
-
By featherdown in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:46 PM
-
By jammin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By cs36190 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 09:14 AM
-
By dichiam120 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM X3650 M4 Server System Board 00MX553 00AM209 00Y8499 00Y8457 00D2888 00W2671
$230.00