Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbie here

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    1

    Newbie here

    Well, I didn't see another section that this kind of thread could apply to, but...

    This is my fisrt post in a BBS under Knoppix (if I was gonna post anywhere, it should be here right?)

    So, I just wanted to say hi: "Hi!"

    Comments: I've tried a few other distro's, and this is one of the easiest to get running (ties with QNX). Liking it so far.

    Quick question, whilst I'm here, and to keep under the theology that posts here should be Knoppix related: how does one go about changing the screen res? I'm sitting about 4' away from my 19" monitor, and the res seems WAY too high. I'll probably find this setting in my travels but...

    Thanks for listening!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    22
    About changing the resolution:

    You can either enter a cheatcode when knoppix is booting (press F2 for details)
    or you can press Ctrl-Alt-plus or ctrl-alt-minus right now (that's ctrl-alt-- and ctrl-alt-+ )

    try both options, because they behave a bit different

    edit: I found a new way here
    "If you are using KDE the K menu -> Settings -> Control Panel -> XDisplay."
    Don't know if it works, but sounds nice

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1

    Test post

    'scuse me tagging your thread. Testing reg. Now I sit n read, just got Knoppix, don't dare touch it till I know what it does and how.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie
    By featherdown in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:46 PM
  2. Newbie needs help please....
    By jammin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 05:21 PM
  3. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  4. [b]Newbie in need[/b]
    By cs36190 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 09:14 AM
  5. newbie needs some help
    By dichiam120 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB picture

VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB

$127.50



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$219.99



Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install picture

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install

$174.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99