-
Senior Member
registered user
Error: updfstab.conf Not Found
I have an error message that, while it does not seem to affect anything, is annoying.
On bootup I see the message display:
"/etc/updfstab.conf file or directory not found"
I can find no evidence of any such file in /etc.
This does not appear to be a critital file, but how do I either put the file back in or just get rid of this message?
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
What version are you running? Is this on a HD install of Knoppix or a running from CD Knoppix? You could try to find what file is pointing to it by using grep at the command line:
grep -iRn 'updfstab.conf' /etc/*
I hope this helps.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
More Updfstab Info
It's a HD install v. 3.7.
I'm at work so I can't do grep. But a little googling on the web revealed the updfstab.conf file points to the utility "updfstab" as is in:
updfstab - update /etc/fstab
to reflect removable devices
Maybe I just anwered my own question. 
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
No Solution Yet Here is Grep
Ok, here is the result of doing:
grep -iRn 'updfstab.conf' /etc/*
grep: /etc/alternatives/btcompletedir.1.gz: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/alternatives/gimp: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/alternatives/j2sdk-config: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/alternatives/moc: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/alternatives/qt: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/alternatives/rclock: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager.1.gz: No such file or directory
grep: warning: /etc/apache/conf: recursive directory loop
grep: /etc/cups/certs: Permission denied
grep: /etc/cups/classes.conf: Permission denied
grep: /etc/cups/cupsd.conf: Permission denied
grep: /etc/cups/knoppix.convs: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/cups/knoppix.types: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/cups/printers.conf: Permission denied
grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/certs: Permission denied
grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/knoppix.convs: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/knoppix.types: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/pdftops.conf: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/passwd-: Permission denied
grep: /etc/rcS.d/S99iptables: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/ssh: Permission denied
Is this helpful?
(I had thought I'd try looking at the CD to see if I could find the updfstab.conf file. It is not on the CD. Is this file needed? If not, I'd be happy with somehow just turning it off somehow.
I ran the updfstab utility. It gives me the same error message:
error opening /etc/updfstab.conf: No such file or directory
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
Fixed it!!
After reading up on what's supposed to go in the updfstab.conf file, I created a simple one with the following info.
No more error message!
symlink false
device cdrom {
symlink true
match cdrom
}
device zip {
match hd zip
match floppy "zip"
}
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 01:36 AM
-
By Aelthric in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By jhweeks in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
-
By frankino in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
-
By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99