no idea.
Wondering what wireless PCMCIA works best with knoppix's airsnort and kismet program. I've tried the orinoco silver and netgear ma401 but they don't seem to work. Any recommendation on what works from the cd-boot? thanks
no idea.
I couldn't get a Lucent (orinoco) to work either. Presumably, CISCO cards work well because they are the default in the kismet conf file and have a built-in hardware auto-channel-hopper, but I don't have one to try it and they are quite a bit more expensive than some of the others.
Proxim (was: Agere, was: Lucent) Orinoco Silver/Orinoco Gold. http://www.orinocowireless.com/produ...ard/index.html works immediately flawless
I can use the Orinoco card for communication, but not with kismet. It won't go into promisuous mode.
I just booted with a Netgear MA401 with the latest firmware update and everything worked wonderfully for me!
luxin - how did you get the MA401 to work in Kismet or even Airsnort? When I try to use airsnort it gives me an error on not being able to put it in monitor mode. I think it's using the orinoco drivers. Kismet just plain doesn't even load.
Or are you just talking about it working in general.
-
-
Go here to download the patch and read the command to put the card into monitor mode. Btw, it is monitor mode, not promiscuos mode.
http://airsnort.shmoo.com/orinocoinfo.html
from kismet wireless forum:
"Posted by: mrdquick
Subject: orinoco patch kernel ver 2.4.20
Date: 04:21:00 28/02/2003
> Hello all. I had previously used the orinoco patch, ver.09b-packet1, successfully on kernel ver 2.4.18. However, after upgrading to 2.4.20 and attempting to repatch I recieve errors on orinoco.c. I have also tried ver. 11b-patch, and received the same errors. Is there an updated patch to use?
>
> Thanks In Advance,
> itallushrt
I just install the latest pcmcia-cs package. Download the orinoco drivers provided by the orinoco website for linux. Untar the drivers in any directory. In the orinoco directory make a directory called wireless. Copy the entire contents of the orinoco directory you must untared to the wireless directory which you just created. copy the patch (pcmcia-cs-3.2.1-orinoco-patch.diff) to the orinoco directory (parent to wireless). in the orinoco directory run the patch like "patch -p0 < pcmcia-cs-3.2.1-orinoco-patch.diff"
it will patch the wireless drivers for the orinoco. run "make" in the wireless directory. then run make install. It will install the drivers over the kernel drivers or whichever is being used, go figure and restart your pcmcia card services "service pcmcia restart" It should work. do a iwpriv eth0 and it should show monitor at the bottom. Hope this helps "
You would have to remaster your knoppix version in order to get it working.![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P ATX Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 4-DIMM M.2 HDMI Motherboard
$64.83
*BENT PINS* ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Intel Motherboard
$37.98
MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45