OK, I used to use and teach g++ a lot. In the last 2 years or so, I've switched to java. So, I guess I'm out of the loop when is comes to any g++ standards changes now a days. KNOPPIX has GNU GCC which includes g++ and using this I can write/compile/execute a standard helloworld.cc like:
However, on some distros lately I find that neither this program, nor anything else based on iostream, will compile correctly! Case in point, BCCD. Now, the author of that distro says that iostream and a number of other classes are depreicated but he still included all the *.h files in /include/c++/backward. So, I tried g++ -o helloworld helloword.cc -I/include/c++/backward to no avail. I also tried #include "/include/c++/backward/iostream.h" wothout any joy.Code://helloworld.cc MrG 2005.0609 //compile: g++ -o helloworld helloworld.cc #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { string n; cout << "What's your name? "; cin >> n; cout << "Hi, " << n << ", how about a nice game of chess?" << endl; return 0; }
Anyone out there familiar with this problem know how to get around it?
TIA,
AJG

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00