1. Your eth0 has to be up (ifconfig)
2. Ddi you ' pon dsl-provider '?
Originally Posted by Fleshgolem
I installed Knoppix 3.1 on my HD and now PPPoE doesn't work anymore. pppoeconf finished succesfully and plog doesn't give me any errors, but i can't do anything else, then pinging my own ip.
Plz help me
1. Your eth0 has to be up (ifconfig)
2. Ddi you ' pon dsl-provider '?
Originally Posted by Fleshgolem
I had a similar problem. Before I could easily configure ppoe with the bootable version, but on hard drive installation when I would click on Internet>connect>adsl/ppoe config. nothing happened. Then I tried to do the same thing logging in as root and it worked fine.[/b]
In my case, I needed to run netcardconfig. I think you can just accept the defaults and it should work. Otherwise, search this topic, there is a posting from someone who suggest altering the default settings.
Hope this helps,
Joe
ok... to be direct i no longer have knoppix installed onto my hard drive.... BUT i am running debian sid.... and when i brought my laptop over to my friends house who has DSL... i ran pppoeconf and it as well did not work,.... it assigned me ips and even gave me dns server numbers... BUT
When i opened /etc/resolv.conf it was still configured for my old dhcp ethernet network internet connection...
FIX: i added the dns nameservers to my /etc/resolv.conf file so it read:
nameserver X.X.X.X
nameserver X.X.X.X
and did an /etc/init.d/networking restart
then i did a pon dsl-provider
and ping google.com -c3
baddabing baddaboom it worked... i hope this helps...

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77