-
Sharing Folders to a Windows LAN machine
Ok, I'm a Newbie - let's just get that out of the way to start. I've typed in Search queries and read many threads, but have still no answers.
I have a machine with Knoppix HD installed - connected to a LAN with other Windows XP machines on it.
I have started Samba (by accident!) and can see/access the Windows Shares, but I have no idea what tools I need to use to set up Samba/whatever for Windows to see any shared folders from the Linux box.
Any plain and simple answers would be appreciated.
Getting hold of Books is difficult for me as I live in Thailand and can't read Thai!!!!
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By HisHighness in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
-
By shiva_iitm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By spartyguy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
-
By nickelbacker in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00