-
Sharing Folders to a Windows LAN machine
Ok, I'm a Newbie - let's just get that out of the way to start. I've typed in Search queries and read many threads, but have still no answers.
I have a machine with Knoppix HD installed - connected to a LAN with other Windows XP machines on it.
I have started Samba (by accident!) and can see/access the Windows Shares, but I have no idea what tools I need to use to set up Samba/whatever for Windows to see any shared folders from the Linux box.
Any plain and simple answers would be appreciated.
Getting hold of Books is difficult for me as I live in Thailand and can't read Thai!!!!
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By HisHighness in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
-
By shiva_iitm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By spartyguy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
-
By nickelbacker in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69