-
Sharing Folders to a Windows LAN machine
Ok, I'm a Newbie - let's just get that out of the way to start. I've typed in Search queries and read many threads, but have still no answers.
I have a machine with Knoppix HD installed - connected to a LAN with other Windows XP machines on it.
I have started Samba (by accident!) and can see/access the Windows Shares, but I have no idea what tools I need to use to set up Samba/whatever for Windows to see any shared folders from the Linux box.
Any plain and simple answers would be appreciated.
Getting hold of Books is difficult for me as I live in Thailand and can't read Thai!!!!
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By HisHighness in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
-
By shiva_iitm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By spartyguy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
-
By nickelbacker in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

LOT OF 24 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD Assorted Toshiba, Samsung, Western Digital
$2200.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48