-
Missing CDROM drive
I think I'm getting closer to finding my "missing" CDROM, but can anyone help?
I can boot from the CDROM drive (that's how I installed Knoppix) but thereafter the CDROM seems not to exist. I just get error messages that /dev/cdrom does not exist. I tried accessing it from one of the other (Windows) machines on the network, and got an error message there too, BUT there's a bit more information in the Samba log, as follows:
mount: can't find /mnt/auto/cdrom in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[2005/06/10 17:50:33, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(615)
'/mnt/auto/cdrom' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to [cdrom]
mount: can't find /mnt/auto/cdrom in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[2005/06/10 17:50:34, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(615)
'/mnt/auto/cdrom' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to [cdrom]
mount: can't find /mnt/auto/cdrom in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[2005/06/10 17:50:36, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(615)
'/mnt/auto/cdrom' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to [cdrom]
[2005/06/10 20:21:15, 0] smbd/server.c:main(79
It looks as if there is disagreement somewhere in the configs about where the CDROM should be mounted - /dev/ or /mnt/auto/. Can anyone give me a clue as to where to go to edit and fix that? In idiot-speak for me please!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Missing CDROM drive

Originally Posted by
Keithj
I can boot from the CDROM drive (that's how I installed Knoppix) but thereafter....
If you have installed Knoppix on a hard disk that I would suggest that this is likely just one of the man many problems that occur after a hard disk install. Sure, hardware is involved, but hardware is involved any time you are running Knoppix unless you are very very good at running throuh op-codes in your head. I think this problem has a much better chance of finding a resolution if posted in the HDD Install forum than in the hardware forum. Would you like me to move it for you?
-
Thanks - but the problem is solved. It's working flawlessly now - 20 minutes or so later! The answer is here .
Similar Threads
-
By BillS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:12 PM
-
By TheDevilsJester in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 01:23 AM
-
By mickfilipe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 07:47 PM
-
By invader in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules
$89.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00