-
D-link DWL-G650 108 Mbps
Does anybody know if you can get a D-link DWL-G650 PCMCIA to work with Knoppix V3.9? I can detect the card, but it can't find the access point. I've read somewhere that the newest DWL cards aren't supported yet. Is this true?
Thanx for helping me out
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: D-link DWL-G650 108 Mbps

Originally Posted by
bdockx
Does anybody know if you can get a D-link DWL-G650 PCMCIA to work with Knoppix V3.9? I can detect the card, but it can't find the access point. I've read somewhere that the newest DWL cards aren't supported yet. Is this true?
Thanx for helping me out
I've gotten a Belkin card to work (to be honest, I forget the exact setps I had to do now), but I have never managed to get my DWL-650 to work. And it's a "standard" 802.11b speed card. Support for the higher speed cards is more uncommon, getting a Dlink 108 mbps card working, at least natively, seems unlikely at this point.
-
I have the same problem. It detects the card but cand find any networks, but it works in wni xp
-
Senior Member
registered user
I gave someone else some help with their dlink wireless NIC at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19712
-
Try linuxant.com driver it works very well.
-
iwconfig eth1 essid test
iwconfig eth1 key open 3366393439
dhclient
then u will able to surf net.
Similar Threads
-
By stonee in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
-
By stonee in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 02:01 AM
-
By reisyboy in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
-
By DaveUK in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 06:25 AM
-
By Infidellic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99