Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: cannot export NFS share

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    20

    cannot export NFS share

    I started tinkering with knoppix, again, and have it installed on hard drive.

    Everything appears to have worked, except, now I cannot export my /home directory to my other machine. I'm getting the error;

    mount: RPC: Program not registered

    I did have debian, sarge installed, but I had a difficult time getting some hardware found/configured, etc. knoppix did it correctly.

    I have the same entries I had under sarge, in the /etc/exports file, but right now, I'm at a loss as to how to get my NFS mount/export reestablished.

    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1
    Hi mailman

    I have the same problem. (I need to access a mysql db on my backup server from the main server.)

    Did you ever get anywhere with this one? Any advice gratefully received...

    Regards

    Dave Robinson

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    20

    it works now

    On the redhat machine I run the following calls;

    /usr/sbin/xinetd
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap restart
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs restart
    /usr/sbin/exportfs -rav

    On the debian machine,. I ran the comparable.

    After a couple of simultaneous reboots, it works like a champ.

    On the debian /etc/fstab, I have the following;

    anza:/home/rodney /mnt/anza nfs rw,addr=192.168.1.105 0 0
    anza:/mnt/firewire /mnt/firewire nfs rw,addr=192.168.1.105 0 0
    anza:/iso-images /mnt/iso nfs rw,addr=192.168.1.105 0 0

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4

    If your server is a knoppix box....

    Try commenting out the line that says:

    ALL : ALL@ALL : DENY

    in /etc/hosts.allow

    so it has:

    # ALL : ALL@ALL : DENY

    instead...

Similar Threads

  1. Can share Win box, but not Knoppix box
    By Mattr35 in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:06 PM
  2. /usr/share/doc
    By Pasq in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 08:58 AM
  3. CD Image from smb share
    By Katagia in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 10:21 AM
  4. How to export Knoppix /home for NFS?
    By pelican in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
  5. export cc=usr/bin/gcc-2.95
    By dave52355 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Vacuum Power Cord 50 Ft 120V 3 Conductor Type A Plug Black Replacement Part picture

Vacuum Power Cord 50 Ft 120V 3 Conductor Type A Plug Black Replacement Part

$79.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER  picture

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER

$39.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67