-
no internet connection (ethernet) with 3.8/3.9
I hope someone can throw me a lifeline cos I'm sleep deprived and psychosis is taking over.
I have a 10/100 fast ethernet connection for which I can use the ethernet or a usb connection (Via technology VT6102 RhineII). Using Knoppix version 3.6 and 3.7 I can connect to the internet using the usb connection, but not using ethernet connection. At start-up with 3.6 or 3.7 if I have the usb connected the machine seems to recognize an eth0 and an eth1, but this doesn't happen if i have the ethernet connection or if i use 3.8 or 3.9. With 3.8 and 3.9 I can't seem to get a connection at all. I want to use 3.9. I have read through the forums and although I can't pretend to really understand I have tried the following so far with and without ethernet with no joy ( I've tried them all using the disk and the hard drive install. Feedback is an approximation ):
1 sudo modprobe natsemi (runs with ethernet but with usb i get a fatal error message as well as netsemi not installed)
pump (i get failed message)
ifconfig -a (get a printout which basically just gives me my loopback address 127.0.0.1)
ping www.ntlworld.com (gives a reply -unknown host whatever website i ping
2 netcardconfig with/without the ethernet i fed the addresses in and the code ran(different address depending on which one),but when I went to the browser didn't get a connection(feedback was either unknown host or wrong name)
3 sudo mii-tools -r feedback was invalid command
4 /etc/init.d/networking restart (or start) - failed
5 lspci -v, lsmod - computer lists my card
6 pppoe connection wizard - sorry couldn't resolve, maybe another ppoe running
7 nodhcp and acpi=off at boot - no joy
thank you and goodnight
Similar Threads
-
By Francesco Pietra in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
-
By Lachinger in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
-
By pterandon in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
-
By vip in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
-
By RigasW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$259.02

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.09

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90