It looks like I'm running out of space on my lowly dual boot notebook, so I'm thinking about installing Kanotix to my external Firewire hard drive. I've done a little bit of homework on this already, but I'm not sure how to go about this. This is what I'd like my installation to do:
1. Boot grub on the notebook's internal HD, and set the default boot option to Windoze. That way if the HD is not turned on or connected (and I don't catch it in time) it will boot directly into Windoze.
2. Create a fairly large partition for Linux. I'm thinking something between 5 - 30 gb, but I'm not sure. This will go on the first partition of my external HD (sda1) which has 160 gb.
Any advice on how to set this up? I'm especially unclear on how to setup the boot so it will boot off the internal HD, but go to the external firewire drive if selected. My notebook's BIOS does not support booting from an external device (but it does support booting from CD-ROM, internal HD, floppy or network). I've looked at "pivot-boot", but would rather not use this method if I can avoid it.
Thanks!!

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Apple Mouse IIc A2M4015 Original Box Manual Foam Tested Working NOS
$114.99
Interactive Quarterly Digizine Vol 1 CD-ROM 1996 PC Mac Pamela Anderson Vintage
$65.00
4 Rare Vintage S-100 Video Boards
$595.00
Great Condition Vintage Tandy Portable Disk Drive 26-3808 3.5 in Floppy Drive
$179.95
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99