Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Durring install boot, system reboots after decompressing int

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1

    Durring install boot, system reboots after decompressing int

    All,

    I am trying to boot knopixx on my system, and I can't seem to get past a certain point. When booting the system I will get to the initial screen asking for boot options. I will press enter, linux kernel will decompress, initrd.img will decompress, the system will say "ready", the screen will clear, and my system will reboot.

    I have tried every combination of acpi=off, noacpi, nolacpi with expert or linux. I have also tried adding falesafe and the no frame buffer option. All result in the exact same reboot. The really odd thing is I get the exact same problem with Ubuntu also, so I am sure it isn't just Knoppix. I would be welcome to any suggestions, here are my system specs:

    MSI K7N2 Delta-L MB (Nforce 2 Chipset) (Latest Bios revision)
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (no overclock)
    512MB DDR Ram (at 333mhz)
    Geforce FX 5700 Ultra
    Audigy Plat.
    Emu 1212M
    350W Power Supply
    8X DVD+- RW
    60 GB ATA WD 5700rpm HDD

    TIA

    Maarek

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1

    Same Problem Here

    I am having nearly the same problem, except my system doesn't reboot.

    I get this with any of the lilo options:

    boot: linux or knoppix or debug or expert or failsafe
    Loading Linux............................
    Loading minirt.gz...........................
    Ready.

    I just getting a blinking cursor after this point. I have tried some debian rescue CDs that will reboot my system instead of the blinky cursor.

    I am running KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN

    My system is:

    Dell Poweredge 2200
    Dual Pentium II 300 Mhz
    512 Megs Ram
    Mylex Acceleraid 160 Raid Controller
    3x 9 Gig 10k SCSI HDs

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: Durring install boot, system reboots after decompressing

    I have same problem.

    But only if I overclock cpu, if I have normal frequency it boots ok.
    There is no problem with booting Gentoo or XP when overclocked.

Similar Threads

  1. error on cd detection durring boot...
    By willmafingerdo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 07:33 AM
  2. After 2% of install, reboots
    By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 03:44 AM
  3. Boot fails after decompressing vmlinuz and miniroot
    By istvan43 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 07:32 PM
  4. system reboots when trying to load
    By koootzz in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 06:47 PM
  5. How do I auto mount HD partitions durring Knoppix boot?
    By audioaficionado in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 06:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN picture

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN

$55.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3

$59.99