Ok, I'm having problems multiply trying to get the net set-up on Virtual PC. I just talked with my ISP cause my internet connection would crash on Windoze as I'm setting up Knoppix....which isn't a big deal, but of course there's no net on the Linux side either. My Isp said they were detecting 2 devices! 2 completely different MAC addresses. So I understand why they shut my down (that's one way to "uncap" a cable connection, run 2 two modems together which is illegal) Problem is I'm not using two modems and I don't know how to get Knoppix to have the same Mac address as Windoze so my provider won't cut me off.
This is not a problem with Knoppix or with Windows. This is a problem with the way in which you have configured your virtual machine. You have set the network adpater in your virtual machine to use the network card in your physical machine. Under this setting it will look to your ISP as if you have two machines connected together with a hub. If you try to change the MAC address of the virtual machine to match the physical machine, your problems with your ISP will go away, however you will likely break your network connection completely. The correct solution is to change the virtual network adpater setting to NAT. This will cause the virtual network adpater to be connected through a NAT server to the physical adpater, solving the problems with your ISP. With this setting your virtual and physical machines will be unable to see each other however. If you need to enable networking between the two machines, then you will have to go back to the original setting and get a NAT enabled router.