I've checked up on KDE3.4, which I think is the version used for knoppix 3.9. It is supposed to have applications such as KMouth,KMagnifier, KSayIt, KMouse tools and ktts on it. I have checked the menus in Knoppix. Am I looking in the wrong place
A friend of mine who is blind would like to try knoppix. Are there any accessibility features similar to Jaws/SuperNova for windows.Someone showed her an accessibility tool for Fedora which gave magnification and some sort of voice supported menuing but which had some limitations since she couldn't access K-Menu and some other functions without using a mouse (which she is not able to do as she can't see to click) and she can't see to log in. be very gratefull for some help.![]()
I've checked up on KDE3.4, which I think is the version used for knoppix 3.9. It is supposed to have applications such as KMouth,KMagnifier, KSayIt, KMouse tools and ktts on it. I have checked the menus in Knoppix. Am I looking in the wrong place
Those accessibility programs for KDE are probably not included because of space issues. There is only so much space on 1 CD so tradeoffs are made & some extra programs are dropped.
anyone reading this who knows how to use screader/emacspeaks (I don't even understand how to get to the commandline bit without using my mouse) or how to configure speakup ( it is a kernel patch)please leave a message.So far I have konq-speaks for konqueror, yasr for the Konsole and emacspeaks and screader. It would be nice to have something that can read GUIs so that's why I would like to understand speakup. With screader I don't really understand what it is supposed to do and the instructions on its web page are not clear to me at least. I am a bit slow so I need you to keep it SIMPLE. By the way is there anyway of changing the voices on these applications.
ps if you are reading this in 2006 still reply.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67