-
USB printer (HP deskjet 6122)
I'm trying to get my printer to work using 3.9 on a live disk. So far I have discovered that the printer has been detected on the usb port using usbview, but it is highlighted in red.
I have tried setting it up via kde print as in the FAQ, but when I try to print there is an error and the status window says under printer-status-message: "unable to open usb device "usb:/dev/usb/lp0": no such device.
When I look in the /dev/usb/ and ls -l it it shows that there is a listing there for lp0. How can I get the printer recognized so that the thing works!
Similar Threads
-
By Ish Rattan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2007, 03:46 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 11:02 PM
-
By heXen in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 06:08 PM
-
By sandig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By ssnow in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99