It is not the Samsung 52X. I have one of these and it works fine with Knoppix. What computer are you using? I have an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) that has the same problem.
I downloaded Knoppix recently and it loaded fine from the CD on bootup. But it shows me an error, 'Sorry, cannot find the Knoppix file system. Dropping you to (a very limited) shell' and then it goes the the Knoppix shell prompt. The big Knoppix file has the path 'F:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX'. Is it possible to find the file system manually ? My CD drive is Samsung 52X. Any help will be appreciated by this newbie![]()
It is not the Samsung 52X. I have one of these and it works fine with Knoppix. What computer are you using? I have an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) that has the same problem.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99