It is not the Samsung 52X. I have one of these and it works fine with Knoppix. What computer are you using? I have an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) that has the same problem.
I downloaded Knoppix recently and it loaded fine from the CD on bootup. But it shows me an error, 'Sorry, cannot find the Knoppix file system. Dropping you to (a very limited) shell' and then it goes the the Knoppix shell prompt. The big Knoppix file has the path 'F:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX'. Is it possible to find the file system manually ? My CD drive is Samsung 52X. Any help will be appreciated by this newbie![]()
It is not the Samsung 52X. I have one of these and it works fine with Knoppix. What computer are you using? I have an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) that has the same problem.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99