Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I've got Knoppix installed on HD, but...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6

    I've got Knoppix installed on HD, but...

    Hi,
    I'm new to linux,
    I´ve just installed a Knoppix 3.2 on HDD and it works fine, but I want to choose to startX or not at boot.
    Could anyone please tell me how to do this?
    Thank in Advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    So you want text mode console as the default? If you then you need to edit the /etc/inittab file and change the default runlevel from 5 to 2.
    In the /etc/inittab file:
    Code:
    ...
    ...
    # The default runlevel
    id:5:initdefault:
    change the 5 to 2
    Code:
    ...
    ...
    # The default runlevel
    id:2:initdefault:
    The you can either reboot or force it to level 2 via the command: init 2

    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6
    Thanks James I'll try this.
    I'll comment you later.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6
    It Works fine!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Can I buy a USB pen with Knoppix already installed?
    By francesmidgley in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
  2. Is PHP installed on KNOPPIX 5.0.1 ?
    By Regupstart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
  3. Knoppix Succesfully installed but grub installed in root
    By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
  5. Just Installed Knoppix!
    By naventus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95