Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: reinstall Knoppix, or apt-get upgrade

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    reinstall Knoppix, or apt-get upgrade ?

    I installed Knoppix 2 months ago. Now I want to upgrade. Should I reinstall Knoppix, or should I just do 'apt-get upgrade' ?

    In my sources.list, I see the following unofficial Debian sources, so I am afraid I might bread my system if I do 'apt-get upgrade'.

    'deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/sid ./
    deb-src ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/sid/ ./

    # kdevelop
    deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0-woody/

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: reinstall Knoppix, or apt-get upgrade ?

    Quote Originally Posted by benpark22
    I installed Knoppix 2 months ago. Now I want to upgrade. Should I reinstall Knoppix, or should I just do 'apt-get upgrade' ?

    In my sources.list, I see the following unofficial Debian sources, so I am afraid I might bread my system if I do 'apt-get upgrade'.

    'deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/sid ./
    deb-src ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/sid/ ./

    # kdevelop
    deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0-woody/
    You are using the stable version of KDE sources so you should have no problems with and upgrade. Just to be sure apt-get -s upgrade to simulate the upgrade and see if will cause any problems. This is of course after an apt-get update to update the package list.

    BTW it is Debian after you install to HD even before now that I think about it.

    [edit]
    I moved your post to a new topic and as I did that someone replied in the original topic so you might want to read that post also.
    [/edit]

Similar Threads

  1. Can I reinstall win98 without wiping out knoppix hdd?
    By turbine in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
  2. XP / Knoppix hybrid: How to reinstall XP?
    By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
  3. Reinstall lilo to hda, using hda lilo.conf and knoppix live
    By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:58 PM
  5. reinstall knoppix to existing partition
    By linuxgrilla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



LOT OF 4  Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ picture

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ

$469.95



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts picture

Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts

$338.63



LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better

$250.00