-
reinstall Knoppix, or apt-get upgrade ?
I installed Knoppix 2 months ago. Now I want to upgrade. Should I reinstall Knoppix, or should I just do 'apt-get upgrade' ?
In my sources.list, I see the following unofficial Debian sources, so I am afraid I might bread my system if I do 'apt-get upgrade'.
'deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/sid ./
deb-src ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/sid/ ./
# kdevelop
deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0-woody/
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: reinstall Knoppix, or apt-get upgrade ?

Originally Posted by
benpark22
You are using the stable version of KDE sources so you should have no problems with and upgrade. Just to be sure apt-get -s upgrade to simulate the upgrade and see if will cause any problems. This is of course after an apt-get update to update the package list.
BTW it is Debian after you install to HD even before now that I think about it. 
[edit]
I moved your post to a new topic and as I did that someone replied in the original topic so you might want to read that post also.
[/edit]
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By StuartP in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:58 PM
-
By linuxgrilla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56