hey everyone,
I'm using arch linux on my hard drive and I am unable to get pci hotplugging to work.
A knoppix-std live cd that I have IS able to get things to work, so I thought I would copy the knoppix-std bzImage, System.map, and config files over to my arch-linux hardrive.
I am inserting the kernel image, config, System.map from the knoppix-std livecd into my hd's /boot directory and I am configuring my grub config file to boot THAT kernel image INSTEAD.
When booting up into knoppix' kernel image, I get the message that there is a kernel panic and that I need to change my "root=" statement, so I'm not sure what I should do.
here is some information that I thought might be relevant
- the knoppix cd that I am using is knoppix-std with a 2.4.21 kernel
- the arch linux on my hardrive is using 2.4.31 kernel
- the knoppix files that I copied to my /boot directory are named 2.4.21-xfs, System.map-2.4.21-xfs, config-2.4.21-xfs.old
- does this mean that I need to be using the xfs filesystem?
In theory this should work, shouldn't it?
does anyone have any experiece with this?

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G
$129.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00
Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00
SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98