Awful choice for a subject line. Nice use of obnoxious large in your face text. But at least you got the forum right.
Ok here we go. I have had Knoppix for a few weeks now and decided to install it on to my hard drive. All went smoothly except, I accidently deleted Windows! Which I didn't want to do. So, I reformated my hard drive and re-installed Windows (XP) and now wanting to just run Knoppix off of the CD before I go with another attempt at installing. Ok, so here is the problem. Knoppix wont run anymore. I put the CD in it goes through it's little config stuff and then when it gets to that point at the bottom when it says something something X11..... you know when it is getting ready to fire up....it stops right there and wont go any farther. Just freezes. I have no clue why or how to correct this. Anyone else have this trouble? or know what I can do to fix it?
Thnx
Awful choice for a subject line. Nice use of obnoxious large in your face text. But at least you got the forum right.
Hey thnx for the help![]()
Hi,
I once had such a problem. I cleaned up my CD and, gone was the problem!
Good luck
l
I don't offer help when people use subject lines that are useless for anyone who later searchs the forums by subject to try to resolve their problem without posting the same question again. Or for subject lines that just waste the time of helpful people scanning the forums for topics they think they might be able to assist with. I do comment on such topic lines, because I find that if I don't others just do it too and when their error is pointed out they just respond with a "doh, others do it". My comment on the "I'm special, look at me" approach to fonts, a much worse form of shouting in a forum that all caps IMHO, was a freebe.Originally Posted by mystix
Thanks for the spanking. I'll figure it out for myself.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95