See my post here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=86139#86139. Follow the advice & post the results in this thread.
It happend that I ran an utility and it proposed me several options - working environments.
I chose one and restarted - now comp boots in command line only.
I was used only with KDE - coz I passed from XP to Linux - so KDE looked more familiar to me.
Now I don't know what to do to go back to KDE desktop - I see just a black screen with a command line and no ideea what to type in. I dont even remember what utility I ran - I'm new so I was just experimenting. The line says:
login:
password:
I introduced my root name and the pass.
Than I tried help and... nothing - I simply do not understand the help.
I was happy with KDE... and I don't want to go back to XP.
Can someone help me - it seems stupid, but I don't want to reinstall.
THX in advance.
My Knoppix is 3.8
See my post here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=86139#86139. Follow the advice & post the results in this thread.
Ok I'll do it and post the result. THX for your help.
Did it - nothing . Absolutely nothing - no output.
The last lines until it asks for login are:
Starting K display Manager: kdm.
Not starting X display manager (xdm); it is not the default display manager.
Do u need more info?
Nice!!!
Reading this forum - found a lot of things - made a distribution upgrade in command line.
Anyway still can't figure out how to start kde.
Never thought this forum was so complete. Wanted to try linux - now it's more than a try - I forgot about XP.
But kde was more familiar... I'll keep experimenting. Pls post if u know how can I start to kde.
Does anyone know what was the utility I could have ran - maybe I try to run it from command line and choose the option KDE - I do remember it was the first in the list. So I can go back to KDE.
I also have 2 bootable cds - 3.4 and 3.8 - right now I have 3.4 and 3.8 at home. maybe I can do something with the 3.4 knoppix cd? I'll boot from it and try to see if there is the same utility - at least to remember the name - than run it from command line - in case it is the same as in 3.8.
Ok - found - it is called Knoppix X-restart. I chose an option under KDE - The K Desktop Environment - don't remember which one exactly. I'll try to start it from command line.
Can't figure out how to do it - any ideea? Tried a lot of things - nothing.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99