Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Write error .ICEauthority

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Write error .ICEauthority

    Just loaded up Knoppix 3.9 with an encrypted home I created on a USB drive with ver 3.8. I'm geting the following error:- 'No write access to 'home/knoppix/.ICEauthority'. KDE is unable to start.'
    Knoppix loads fine without the persistent home.
    Will I have to somehow mount the image, copy all the files out and then create a new Persistent Home?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1
    I get the same error with the Knoppix 5.0 DVD on a Dell that it's always worked on before.

    Andy

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    Hello,
    I just started another thread and I found you guys after. I have the same problem with >ICEauthority. Did you find any solution?
    Frank

Similar Threads

  1. kdeinit abort. No write access to /home/myhome/.ICEauthority
    By transistortoaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 05:14 AM
  2. Write error on mounted partition
    By irsirius in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 10:08 PM
  3. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  4. mkisofs error: end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy...
    By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION* picture

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*

$319.79



Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket picture

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket

$249.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99