-
Desktop File Folders don't work
Can anyone point me to the solution...?
One minute it worked perfectly - I could click on the hda1 or hbd1 or CDROM or Floppy icon on the desktop, and the relevant folder would open. I could copy and paste, move files around, and do all the file management things I want.
The next minute, clicking on a file folder on the desktop brings up the message "Sorry - Kdesktop. KDEInit could not launch'/mnt/hda1' " (or whichever drive I click on).
I tried various actions, none of which fixed it. Rebooting did not bring back the file folder function either. I can get to the folder contents by using File Manager in SuperUser mode, but shouldn't need to do that.
I've searched the forum and Google but found no answer.
What do I do to get the file folders back?
It's Knoppix 3.8.2 on an old Pentium 600MHz machine with 512MB of RAM and three hard drives, one CDROM drive, and one floppy drive.
Similar Threads
-
By Keithj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:49 PM
-
Replies: 42
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 06:13 AM
-
By c0ns7ruc7 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 10:35 PM
-
By vi2004 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 11:04 AM
-
By talyrath in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 01:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95