-
trying to find my ipod
Howdy,
I have recently lost my hdd (fatal error) so i am running knoppix cd 3.9 on my laptop. I have a Lexar 128mb Jumpdrive attached and found npz by knoppix. I'm happy that i'm able to get online etc ....But now i'd like to use my ipod mini (with fat32)to store more files(persist home drive) ...maybe even install and run knoppix from it.
I'm at a point where i'm a little stuck. I can see the ipod in usbview but i can't seem to mount it to write etc to it. I have placed the ipod into disk mode tried rebooting and still no luck.
Is there something i'm missing ... do i need to remove the firmware and reformat it totally?
Please any help with this would be helpful
Regards
Kills
-
just a update ...i threw in knoppix cd 3.7 (2.4kernel) and bang ipod usb mini was found straight away ...and now listed on my desktop ...so anyone else having this problem try 3.7
Thanks all
anyone with some tip on getting it going on 3.9 i would love to hear from you
Regards
Kills
Similar Threads
-
By zawi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2005, 04:05 AM
-
By chris-harry in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 11:34 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 01:48 AM
-
By jb_davis in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 02:31 PM
-
By iTim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72