-
problem copying knoppix kernel to hard drive
hey everyone,
I'm using arch linux on my hard drive and I am unable to get pci hotplugging to work.
A knoppix-std live cd that I have IS able to get things to work, so I thought I would copy the knoppix-std bzImage, System.map, and config files over to my arch-linux hardrive.
I am inserting the kernel image, config, System.map from the knoppix-std livecd into my hd's /boot directory and I am configuring my grub config file to boot THAT kernel image INSTEAD.
When booting up into knoppix' kernel image, I get the message that there is a kernel panic and that I need to change my "root=" statement, so I'm not sure what I should do.
here is some information that I thought might be relevant
- the knoppix cd that I am using is knoppix-std with a 2.4.21 kernel
- the arch linux on my hardrive is using 2.4.31 kernel
- the knoppix files that I copied to my /boot directory are named 2.4.21-xfs, System.map-2.4.21-xfs, config-2.4.21-xfs.old
- does this mean that I need to be using the xfs filesystem?
In theory this should work, shouldn't it?
does anyone have any experiece with this?
Similar Threads
-
By bagmonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
-
By kennmurrah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM
-
By I922sParkCir in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2006, 05:02 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By beajedi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 990 Pro Solid State Drive 1TB PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
$204.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77